For educational visits we ask parent(s) / carer(s) to sign the consent form that they will receive with correspondence for the trip.
As an academy we will ask for support in the following when consent for a visit is given:
- Having received the information given, I/we agree to my/our child’s participation in all of the activities described;
- My child is fully aware of their responsibilities and the need to behave in an appropriate manner at all times;
- I am / we are aware that parent(s)/carer(s) will be responsible for payment of any intentional damage caused by my/our child;
- I /we understand that if my/our child behaves in an unacceptable manner parent(s)/carer(s) may be asked to finance their early return;
- I / we will only allow my /our child to travel if fully fit.
Emergency medical consent
I / we agree to my /our child receiving medication as instructed or any emergency dental, medical or surgical treatment, including anaesthetic or blood transfusion, as considered necessary by the medical authorities present. In the event of an accident where emergency procedures are not required, it may be necessary to transport a student to a medical centre or hospital.
In these circumstances I/we give permission for my/our child to be transported with a member of the Academy staff.
On certain educational visits students may be given time to explore in small unsupervised groups (never alone). The group leader will set clear guidelines and expectations if this occurs, including return times and where students are permitted to go. Students will always be given the option to remain with members of staff.