E-Safety parents' information evening
Working with Lincolnshire County Council and the Lincolnshire Children's Safeguarding Board, LSST held an E-Safety Information parents’ evening on Monday the 24th November.
As a school the safety of our students is of paramount importance. We also understand that due to IT advances, students have access to an increasing range of technologies and social media. We would like to support our community to be as safe as possible online.
The presentation for parents, which was both lively and engaging, lasted around an hour, with an opportunity to ask questions. The session was led by Dan Hawbrook who is an expert in this area and provided:-
- Practical advice on how to support your child to stay safe online
- Information regarding a range of social media
- Guidance on how to improve internet safety at home
- Information on the law relating to social media usage
- Guidance on how to deal with online issues
We expect this to be a popular evening in the future and intend to hold an annual event. If any parent would like to discuss any E-Safety issues or should you require any further information., please do not hesitate to contact me at the school.
Mr N Brown