Post 16 Options
The vast majority of our Sixth Form students choose to apply to university and, for those that do, comprehensive support for choosing the right university and course and completing UCAS applications is given. For those that choose not to apply for university tailored support is given to ensuring students find an appropriate apprenticeship, higher/further education course or employment.
- Tailored workshops throughout Sixth Form relevant to pathway
- Interviews with external careers adviser to ensure broad and balance exploration of pathway options
- Preparing students for the world of work - CV writing & interview workshops
- Form tutors on hand to advise and support Sixth Form students with their UCAS application and personal statement writing
- Support and advice on researching the right apprenticeship opportunities
- Careers Fair - wide range of universities, apprenticeship providers and employers available to inform and advise students
Throughout the two years, we provide guidance for the potential early entry students on how to strengthen their application through additional reading and research. They have access to advice on completing courses such as BMAT (The Biomedical Science Admissions Test), UCAT (University Clinical Aptitude Test), STEP, LNAT (Law Aptitude Test), etc. As the number of these courses which some students have to complete grows we work to provide them with the support they require.